Claire Carter brings over 30 years of high level playing and coaching experience to her teaching and blogging pursuits. She works with college bound players, strong recreational players, kids and beginners. She is a specialist in multiple aspects of tennis instruction, from high performance training to fitness programs, and she maintains numerous sought after certifications.
Claire's playing achievements include playing junior Wimbledon twice, playing on the WTA Tour from 1999 to 2001, and being a four-time All American at the University of Washington, where she was a full scholarship athlete. While at UW, she achieved national rankings of 21 and 3 in singles and doubles, respectively. The University of Washington reached the NCAA Sweet 16 in three of Claire's four seasons, after not having won a postseason match until she arrived on campus. Claire played a large role in leading the UW team to a pair of NCAA Elite Eight appearances in 2001 and 2004.
As a coach, Claire has been an Assistant Tennis Coach of the womens' program at the University of Washington. She is currently a teaching pro at Bay Club Redwood Shores in Northern California, where she has worked for over 12 years. Claire is the head of junior tennis development programs at the club.
Claire's certifications include:
* USTA High Performance, certified by the USTA
* Etcheberry Certification for Tennis, certified by Pat Etcheberry
* Cardio Tennis Professional, certified by the Tennis Industry Association
* TRX Cardio Tennis Suspension Training, certified by the Tennis Industry Association
* Professional Level 1, certified by the Professional Tennis Registry
* Elite Pro, certified by the US Professional Tennis Association